sábado, 7 de outubro de 2006

Battlestar Galactica?

From IMDb:

The new Battlestar Galactica is a stunning drama that surpasses the original 70's cheese., 6 February 2005
Author: tony-goodwin from United Kingdom

The two Battlestar Galactica series both begin in the same way with similar precepts – the end of a civilisation and the possible extinction of the human species.

The original chose to be lightweight in dealing with this underlying theme (the first thing they do post-apocalypse is go to a party planet) - the new series actually attempts to deal with the issue in an adult manner.

The writing, direction, and most importantly the acting, is superb - each combining to create emotional depth.

As a teen I enjoyed the original but (sorry to get Biblical) "when I was a child I spoke as a child, I acted as a child – now I must put childish things behind me".

The sex of the characters does not offend – it does not cause grief to find two key characters to be stunningly female. It doesn't even offend that a potential bad guy has a British accent.

Just enjoy. Drama really doesn't get much better than this.


Sem comentários: